Fine Art and Collectors Sale - 2 Days - 1404 Lots
13th Sep 2018 from 10am
Fine Art and Collectors Sale - 2 Days
Day 1. Lots 1 - 708 Start 10am Thursday 13th September
Day 2. Lots 709 - 1371 Start 10am Friday 14th September
Fri 7th Sept 9am - 7pm
Sat 8th Sept 9am - 2pm
Wed 9th Sept 9am - 7pm
Thurs 13th Sept from 9am and throughout the sale
Friday 14th Sept from 9am and throughout the sale
13th September 2018 from 10am - (Lots 1 to 708)
14th September 2018 from 10am - (Lots 709 to 1371)
7th September 2018 - 9am to 7pm
8th September 2018 - 9am to 2pm
12th September 2018 - 9am to 7pm
13th September 2018 - 9am to 6pm
14th September 2018 - 9am to 6pm
Fees apply to the hammer price:
Room and Absentee Bids:
24% inc VAT*
Online and Autobid:
27.6% inc VAT*
Please see the Terms & Conditions for more information
Please read them before placing a bid
EASTBOURNE AUCTIONS LTD - registered in England - company registration number 08325075
CONDITIONS OF SALE
Live online bidding is via our website provided by Easy Live Auction
Please note the Auctioneer acts only as an agent for the Vendor (Seller) (unless otherwise specifically declared). Accordingly when a lot is sold the contract is between the Buyer and the Vendor.
As The Auctioneer act as agent only, title to any Lot at no time passes to The Auctioneer and accordingly they are not liable for any fault in connection with any Lot or defect or restrictions in the title of the Vendor to sell any Lot. The Vendor shall indemnify The Auctioneer against any claims in connection with any Lot sold by The Auctioneer on their behalf. Accordingly the Buyer agrees that the Auctioneer acts only as an agent of the Vendor and, as such, we have and the Buyer agrees that Auctioneer has no liability in any claims by a Buyer.
The Auctioneer has absolute discretion to divide any lot, to combine any two lots or to withdraw any lot or lots from sale, to refuse any bids and regulate bidding without in any case giving any reason or without previous notice. The Auctioneer may at sole discretion determine the advance or refuse a bid. If during the auction the Auctioneer considers a dispute has arisen he has the absolute discretion to settle or re-offer the lot. The Auctioneer also has sole discretion to refuse entry of any person to the sale room.
1. The highest bidder to be the purchaser, and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the lot shall, at the discretion of the Auctioneer, be put up again at the last undisputed bidding and resold. The Auctioneer’s decision on all matters is final. No person to advance less at each bid than the amount named by the Auctioneer. No bidding to be retracted. The Vendor reserves the right to bid by himself or by his agent.
2. The purchasers to give in their names and places of abode and, if required, to pay down a deposit of 50p in the £ in part payment of the purchase money, such deposit to be applicable to all or part of the Lots purchased, and top pay the remainder of the purchase money on or before collection. The Auctioneers will not accept payment by cheque, our preferred method of payment is via Bank Transfer. All items to remain the property of the Auctioneers until paid for in full.
3. Absentee bids telephone bidders and live auction bidding via the internet will be accepted provided the bidder has registered with the Auctioneers and provided payment details. Should the bidder be successful, the Auctioneers will email an invoice to the buyer. The winning bidder is to pay for their won lots within the timescales detailed in these terms and conditions. The bidder is to contact the Auctioneers with their request for shipping and this will be dealt with as a separate transaction. Bidders that fail to pay in full within the allowed time agree that their details will be place on a "warning list" and that details of their failure to pay may be shared with other auctioneers and auction sites that list multiple auctions.
4. The Auctioneers act as agents only. Each Lot as set out in the catalogue, or as divided or joined with any Lot or Lots at the sale at the sole discretion of the Auctioneers, is sold with all faults, imperfections and errors of description and neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for the authenticity, attribution, genuineness, origin, authorship, date, age, period, condition or quality of any lot. All statements in the catalogues as to any such matters are statements of opinion and are not to be taken as or as implying statements or representations of fact. Purchasers are deemed to have satisfied themselves by inspection or otherwise as to all such matters and as to the physical description of any Lot. Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers make or give, nor any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give any representation warranty and in any event neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers are responsible for any representation or warranty for any statement in the catalogue. All pictures are sold as decorative items and the Auctioneers make or give, nor any person in the employment of the Auctioneers any authority to make or give any representation as to the authenticity or the originality or Artist of any picture offered. The buyers are to satisfy themselves as to the authenticity of any picture before bidding as all bids are final. The Auctioneers will not rescind a sale of a picture for any reason whatsoever, Caveat Emptor ( Buyer Beware.) All sizes are approximate and are excluding the mount and any frames.
Glossary for paintings, drawings and sculptures:
Forename and surname of the artist - in our opinion a work by that artist. These are the only works that carry our limited guarantee and may be returned within 10 days of the sale if found not to be authentic. All other works are sold as seen and without guarantee.
Attributed to.... In our opinion probably a work by the artist but not guaranteed
Circle of....In our opinion a work of the period of the artist, which may or may not be by the artist.
After.... In our opinion a later, possibly copy of a known work in the style of but probably not by the artist
Manner of....In our opinion a work in a style related to that of the artist.
Bearing a signature - with or without initials..... A work that bears a signature similar to a known artist.
Indistinctly signed... We are unable to decipher the signature and make no reference as to the artist.
Gemstones - All diamond weights shown are based on measurements and are not actual weights. Gemstones have historically and will always be treated for colour or otherwise. The auctioneers are not gemmologists and we do not laboratory test the gemstones offered for sale. We will describe a diamond, ruby or sapphire based on the stone being tested using a "diamond tester". Please be aware when buying as no refunds will be given to purchasers of gemstones on the grounds they are synthetic or have been treated. We advise viewing in person when bidding on these items.
5. All conditions, notices, descriptions, statements and other matters in the catalogue and elsewhere concerning any Lots are subject to any statements modifying or affecting the same made by the Auctioneer from the rostrum prior to any bid being accepted for the Lot.
6. The lots may be withdrawn, re-arranged or sold in any such order as may be desirable and are to be paid for and removed at the purchaser’s expense.
7. The Lots will be at the entire risk of the purchaser after the fall of the hammer but in the event of the Lot or Lots being totally missing on the day of delivery the Auctioneers will not be responsible for any estimated value beyond the price at which they were sold. In cases where portions of Lots may be missing such missing portions are to be allowed for at an equitable proportion of the sum, for which the whole of such Lot was sold and no more.
8. The Auctioneers act throughout as agents only and are not responsible for any default by the buyer. They disclaim liability for paying the Vendor until they have received settlement from the purchaser.
9. On failure of complying with the above Conditions the deposit money shall be forfeited. Any Lots not cleared by the time allowed may re-sold by public or private sale and the deficiency (if any) together with all expenses attending such re-sale shall be made good by the defaulter at this present sale and shall be recoverable as liquidated damages. Storage will be charged at £5.00 plus VAT per lot per day for lots not collected within 14 days of the sale (Fine Art Sales) and within 4 days of Saturday sales. A handing out charge of £5 plus VAT per Lot ( £10 + VAT per furniture lot) will be charged on all items not collected by the Wednesday following the sale.
Any damage caused by removal or otherwise must be made good by the person committing the same. Principles being considered responsible for the acts of their servants and by their workmen or any other persons whatsoever instructed.
10. Notwithstanding any other terms of these Conditions, if within two days after the Auction the Auctioneers have received from the buyer of any Lot notice in writing that in his view the Lot is a deliberate forgery and within seven days after such notification the buyer returns the same to the Auctioneers in the same condition as at the time of sale and by producing evidence in writing the burden of proof to be upon the buyer satisfies the Auctioneers that considered in the light of the entry in the catalogue the Lot is a deliberate forgery then the sale of the Lot will be rescinded and the purchase monies of the same refunded. In the event of a dispute then the matter shall be settled by arbitration, the arbitrator to be nominated by the President of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. Both the buyer and the Vendor agree to be bound by the decision.
11. The Auctioneers charge a Buyer’s Premium of 30% inc VAT (minimum £2.40 per lot) for bidders that settle their invoice within five days of the sale or 40% inc VAT for bidders who pay after this date. All future purchases in future auctions will be invoiced at 40% if the bidder pays late in one sale, and a higher deposit may be required for at registration. VAT where payable on the hammer price of a lot will be refunded on receipt of proof of shipping from the winning bidder that the item has been shipped to a non-EU country. VAT on buyer’s premium will not be refunded. Please note: Cash deposited directly into our bank account will be subject to a surcharge - currently 1.5%, as levied by our bank, Lloyds bank.
12. A bidder can bid live online via eastbourneauction.com, easyliveauction.com and the-saleroom.com . There is an online bidding fee chargeable at 7.00% +VAT for online bidding via the-saleroom.com payable on the hammer price of any winning bids only.
13. Lots - small individual Lots weighing under 2kg that remain uncollected within fourteen days of the sale will incur a storage charge of £5.00 plus VAT per lot per day. Larger Lots including furniture and items weighing over 2kg that remain uncollected after the Monday following the sale (Tuesday where a bank holiday falls) will incur a storage charge of £10.00 plus Vat per lot per day.
The auctioneers will charge a carry out fee of £5.00 per Furniture lot or Lot exceeding 2kg when collected after the Monday following the sale. Any lots remaining uncollected after three months from the date of the sale will be deemed to be abandoned and The Auctioneer reserves the right to sell any lots that remain uncollected after three Months from the Auction day and use the proceeds of the sale to settle outstanding storage charges, without further notice to the Bidder. This will also apply to lots where shipping has been quoted and not paid for by the Bidder.
14. REFUND POLICY
Bidders are not to rely solely on the descriptions in the catalogue or online catalogue. The Bidder agrees the contract for sale does not include the description, only the lot number forms part of the contract of sale, descriptions are there to help the Auctioneers identify the items only.
The Auctioneers hold preview days, or allow viewing by appointment when a bidder can inspect lots offered and satisfy themselves that they happy with description and the items BEFORE bidding. Bidders unable to attend are able to inspect the condition report online, where the Auctioneers have provided one, and ask for further information via the enquiry button on the website. The auctioneers will respond via email providing any further information about the lot offered requested.
The Auctioneers therefore operate a NO REFUND policy, the only exception being when the Auctioneers have provided a written condition report, and have omitted to detail a flaw in the lot which is not visible in the online images. i.e. restoration that has been missed during this further inspection, or where the auctioneers have described the item as genuine and of the period but later turns out to be a deliberate forgery. In the event that then bidder qualifies for a refund they are to inform the auctioneers at time of collection or within 24 hours of receipt of the item if shipped. The bidder is to return the lot within 7 days of notifying the auctioneers. The cost of returning the lots will be the responsibility of the bidder. The auctioneers undertake to make refunds within 14 days of receipt of the lot and the amount refunded will be the hammer price of the lot plus the buyer’s premium. The auctioneers will not refund any shipping costs.
The Auctioneers reserve the right to update these terms and conditions at any time, and the bidder accepts responsibility to make themselves aware of any updates prior to bidding.
All calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes
Latest update 7 April 2021
ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE A QUOTATION CAN BE ARRANGED
ALL SHIPPING REQUESTS TO BE MADE NO LATER THAN7 DAYS FROM THE SALE
THE PRICES DETAILED BELOW ARE TO BE USED AS A GUIDE ONLY WE ADVISE YOU OBTAIN A SHIPPING COST IN ADVANCE OF BIDDING
ALL Correspondence can be made through the online checkout system at the bottom of your invoice
including an email messaging facility and updates when your parcel leaves the premises
Any questions please go via the 'email us' button on the bottom of your invoice we sent you to speed the process up
The sooner you pay the sooner our in-house team will we pack and dispatch, they only work in the 10 days following the sale and aim to dispatch your parcels within 5-7 working days after receipt of payment
We use DPD Couriers as our main service and have found them to be reliable and on time
DPD PARCELS ARE ONLY SHIPPED ON WEDNESDAYS OF EACH WEEK FOR THURSDAY DELIVERY
UK ONLY, NON-CHINA items and possible to pack, with a valid postcode
Parcels will be fully trackable with a 1hr delivery slot, full messaging service via email or text and an online van tracking app
Small parcels (single Lots)
Parcel up to 10kgs
Parcel up to 20kgs
Parcel up to 30kgs
For extra Lots please add £3 per parcel
Extra Lots can be added from £5 per picture where possible
(For pictures with glass we can tape the glass but will require a disclaimer before packing and will not pack fragile frames)
PLEASE NOTE: All above prices subject to VAT and will not be insured
CHINA, GLASS OR FRAGILE ITEMS
UK Royal Mail Special Delivery Single Lots
UK Royal Mail Signed For Single Lots
Extra Lots please add £5 per lot
All above prices subject to VAT and Insurance in accordance with Royal Mail terms and conditions
PLEASE NOTE: There is a £5 handling charge for Goods despatched by pre-paid envelopes or labels
Shipping to a Europe, USA, Asia and Rest of World
ALL ITEMS MUST BE PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE A QUOTATION CAN BE ARRANGED
Royal Mail International Tracked and Signed (Small single Lots weighing under 2kgs)
Packed parcel dimensions not to exceed 30 x 30 x 30cms
(Insured up to £30 Loss Not Damage)
Europe (Large Letter)
Europe (Small Parcel)
USA (Large Letter)
USA (Small Parcel)
REST OF THE WORLD
Extra Lots please add £3 per lot
All above prices subject to VAT and Insurance in accordance with Royal Mail terms and conditions
Packing Only for a courier to collect where possible
Where possible we will pack for your own courier with full details, shipping labels and any necessary Customs forms filled in correctly, the courier must have your details and we require a signature before we release any goods.
We DO NOT ALLOW UPS to collect from our premises.
Minimum £10 per Lot plus VAT
£15 plus VAT for a picture without glass (For pictures with glass we can tape the glass but will require a disclaimer before packing and will not pack fragile frames)
PLEASE NOTE: All above prices subject to VAT
Larger or Fragile items around the UK and the rest of the World
We have found MBE Tunbridge Wells to be quick and efficient and they will collect every week
Please contact them via email: [email protected]
Furniture & Larger Items in the UK
For larger items including furniture requiring a door-to-door service we recommend Marcus from Kings Antique - contact [email protected] 07738 726774
For Worldwide Customers we now offer a holding service
(If you buy SMALL ITEMS, we will keep them up to 3 months FREE OF CHARGE to save on shipping costs, this is conditional on us having agreed this with you prior to bidding)
Where insurance is arranged on behalf of the bidder, this will be in accordance with the terms and conditions provided by the shipper. The bidder accepts that The Auctioneers accept no liability whatsoever for any damage or loss of items by the shipper.
DUTY AND TAXES are controlled by the country of destination and are subject to change without notice. The Company cannot predetermine the amount of duty and tax for a given shipment. Duty and Taxes as well as other charges including, but not limited to, customs penalties, storage costs, or other expenses incurred as a result of an action by customs or failure by the Customer or the consignee to provide proper documentation or to obtain a required license or permit, will be charged to the consignee. The Customer, however, is liable for payment in the event of non-payment by the consignee. Packages refused by the consignee, or which for any other reason cannot be delivered, will be either abandoned or returned to the Customer at the Customer's cost, and in the event, the Customer is liable for all shipping and other applicable charges specified, including any duties and taxes if levied.
What Our Customers Say:
Excellent service from Eastbourne Auctions despite getting a bit carried away and buying a lot not suitable for packing and postage, they bent over backwards to help me get it safely to York by my own courier. The lots that were suitable for their in-house service were delivered within 3 or 4 days beautifully wrapped and packed and very reasonably priced. Makes buying at a distant auction house all worthwhile! Thanks guys!
I won an auction for some expensive jewellery and as I live 300 miles away I asked about postage but then changed my mind despite their offer to increase the amount of insurance to cover it. For safety I decided to collect in person despite the distance but couldn't do so for 2 weeks. However they were happy to hold my items for me and I collected them yesterday. Very pleasant and helpful communication via email
Hi, I want to say a big thank you. My parcel of jewellery arrived this morning. Very well packed and the delivery company was very good and kept me well informed.
You are a very friendly efficient Auction House.
Thanks. Received my goods today 11.47 on the button as I was told. All good. Amazing service
"Quick note to say how delighted I am with my first experience of using Eastbourne Auctions. Brilliant packaging, fast delivery and keen pricing. I will defiantly be back, and will try to buy more than other places now I know how damned good you are "
"What a pleasant experience. Extremely helpful and friendly"
"Good service and fair posting fee. Hassle free online checkout facility"
"Thanks very much for the great care and attention"
"Thank you for this excellent and most convenient service"
"Just needed to let you all know that your friendly service is the best I've encountered recently"